I couldn't find a place to report bugs, so I'm posting it here.
The display for the nvr player in the editor only looks at its local scale, so if its parent is non-uniformly scaled it will be distorted from how it appears when you are actually playing.
1) Create an empty object and set its scale to x=2, y=0.2, z=2
2) Make the NVR Player a child of the empty object
3) Note that in the editor the player looks correct
4) Press play
5) Note that the controllers look squashed and only move on the xz plane
6) Press play to stop
7) Set the scale of the NVR Player to x=0.5, y=5, z=0.5
8) Note that in the editor the player looks stretched out
9) Press play
10) Note that the controllers are scaled and move correctly